Danangreviews.com is an online startup company located in Da Nang, Vietnam. Our goal is to help our users save time and make the right purchasing decisions. We hope to achieve that goal by delivering honest, data-driven product reviews.
At Da Nang Reviews we are trying to be very frugal about the amount of personal data we are saving, or processing. However, in order to run our business, there are some cases where we need to do it – either for legal reasons, or for being able to offer you our products and services.
On this page we will explain to you in plain language what information we are saving, when it happens, who we are sharing it with, and for how long we are saving it.
All web servers track basic information about their visitors. This information includes IP addresses, browser details, timestamps, and referring pages. None of this information can identify specific visitors who visit our website. The information is used for administration and maintenance purposes. Visitors to our website will remain completely anonymous while browsing. When a user elects to contact us with an inquiry, we collect the information they choose to share with us. We use this information to respond to users in regards to their inquiry. We don’t store this personal information for any other purposes and we don’t share it with third parties for their promotional purposes. We don’t send unsolicited messages to users of our website and we don’t store the personal information provided to us beyond responding to any inquiry.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- When you sign up for a content upgrade (i.e. free mini course) or our newsletter, we will share your email address with the email marketing automation platform MailChimp. We are using this service to segment and send email campaigns. Once you start receiving the newsletter, MailChimp collects additional data about which emails you’ve opened and which of the included links you’ve clicked.
- If you subscribed for a limited email sequence (i.e. free mini course) we will delete your email address within 180 days after you received the last email in the sequence. Alternatively, you can opt out of any email sequence at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every campaign email.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- When using a form to contact us, we are sending the information provided by you (name, email address, message, …) through our server to our Google email account in order to get in touch with you. I do not use emails that were sent to us through contact forms for marketing purposes.
- We believe that direct conversations are the best way to talk to people who are interested in our business. To make this process easy and fun, we are using Facebook’s Customer Chat Plugin on our website. When using the plugin, you are sending us a message from your personal Facebook account via Facebook’s platform.
- When you buy a product/service through my online shop, we will save your name, email address, and purchase history on my server. For security reasons, we are not saving any of your payment information (such as credit card number, or CCV) on our own servers. All payment information is securely processed by Stripe and — depending on your choice — Przelewy24.
- To send you updates about the products you’ve purchased we are also transferring your order history to the email marketing automation platform MailChimp. If you decide that you don’t want to receive product updates anymore, you can opt out at any time.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Marketing Tracking and Analytics
- We are using tracking and analytics tools to improve your browsing experience, analyse website traffic, and to understand where my audience is coming from. Additionally, we are also using tools to serve targeted ads to visitors of our website on platforms like Facebook. This means that when you are using our website, we are sending anonymised information about your visit to third parties. This information includes which pages you visited, the duration of your visit to my website, and part of your IP Address.
Who we share your data with
|MailChimp||Email marketing automation|
|WordPress||Content Delivery Network|
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.