- Da Nang has a 30km-long coastline, where you can enjoy diving, yachting and other water sports. Its public beaches can get very crowded over weekends and holidays, but there are plenty of quiet beaches further away from the city. The city also has plenty of historical sites and shopping venues that merits several days of sightseeing.
- You can find good bargains and authentic Vietnamese food at Da Nang’s local markets. In the evening, rooftop bars offer great sunset views of the city, beaches and mountains. If you’re unsure of what to see, do, eat and shop during your stay, we’ve compiled a survival guide for your 1st day in Da Nang.
12 Must Visit Places In Da Nang For First Time Visitors -Travel guide for first -time visitors
Danang has been the most attractive destination in the world recently. More and more tourists make their trip to Danang city to experience the beauty of friendly people, unique culture and impressive landscapes. Once you go there, you should not miss these 9 must visit places.
1. Explore Danang’s unique architecture bridges and its history
Da Nang has been known as the city of lights with colorful bridges lightening at night, acrossing Han River. The impressive bridges scoring records are pride of Danang people and Danang history.
- Han River Bridge: also known as the “Rotating Bridge” as it is the only colorful rotated bridge in Vietnam, a symbol of Da Nang city. Every day, the bridge will rotate 90 degrees around the axis at 0: 30, opening the way for large ships to pass, and close at 3:30 a.m.
- Dragon Bridge: This new bridge was finished in 2013, connecting the Da Nang international airport with My Khe Beach and Marble Mountain. Dragon Bridge simulates the shape of the dragon in the Ly dynasty towards to the East Sea with a span of 568 m in length, weighing nearly 9,000 tons. This is a unique architectural bridge designed by Louis Berger Group (USA), the only steel arch in Southeast Asia. You definitely don’t miss a performance that “Dragons” spewed fire and sprinkler at 21:00 on Saturday, Sunday nights and special occasions.
- Tran Thi Ly Bridge: The Tran Thi Ly Bridge is designed in the shape of a sail on the Han River. Tran Thi Ly Bridge is a romantic and poetic bridge which is lightened up by thousands lightings. From distance, Tran Thi Ly Bridge looks like a wing sail reaching the ocean.
- Thuan Phuoc Bridge: Thuan Phuoc Bridge is considered as the country’s most beautiful bridge. The bridge becomes at it best at late nights.
- Nguyen Van Troi Bridge: Nguyen Van Troi Bridge is the oldest bridge in Da Nang. Currently, this bridge is kept as a memory of Danang people, served as a walking street. This bridge was named after the hero Nguyen Van Troi to commemorate the person carrying out the bomb to assassinate US Secretary of Defense McNamara in 1964.
Important information (all brigdes)
- Open hour: no opening hour
- Admission free: free
- Best visit time: 8pm-9pm
2. Da Nang Beaches
Visiting Danang city, swimming is an indispensable activitiy. Danang East Coast beaches are great tourist destinations where you can swim into blue waters and experience extremely interesting water sports and games.
My Khe Beach
Visiting Danang city, swimming is an indispensable activitiy. Danang East Coast beaches are great tourist destinations where you can swim into blue waters and experience extremely interesting water sports and games
My Khe Beach is voted by Forbes magazine as one of the most attractive beaches on the planet. With a coastline stretching to 90 meters, blue waters, fine white sandy beaches, and high-end hotels. My Khe is an ideal destination for those who are in love with beaches. Also, there is a great selection of water activitiws in Da Nang, which can help you to spend a day long in Da Nang beaches.
- Location:Trường Sa, Đà Nẵng, Thành Phố Đà Nẵng, Việt Nam
Pham Van Dong Beach
Pham Van Dong beach is where both locals and foreigners take delight in swimming, picnic and snorkling. For its quiet waves and cool vibe, Pham Van Dong is a great place to get an escape from the busy lives.
- Location: Phuoc My Ward, Son Tra district, Danang
Bac My An Beach
With nearly 4km of coastline, white sand, blue sea and the luxury resort, Bac My An Beach is considered as a resort of international class.
Bac My An includes 5 beautiful beaches, including beach T18, My Da Dong 2, My Da Dong 3, Bac My An and the Furama Resort area, you can choose an appropriate stop which suits your interests and financial situation.
- Location: Bac My An, Ngu Hanh Son, Da Nang City.
Non Nuoc Beach
Non Nuoc beach is a must-visit place for those who are in love with pink sand beaches and shadow bush to take rest after swimming.
Visiting Non Nuoc beach, apart from taking a rest, swiming and enjoying fresh seafood, guests can visit the auspicious Marble Mountain, stone carving village or make a cruise on the Cổ Cò river.
- Location:Hoa Hai, Ngu Hanh Son District, Da Nang City
Important information (all beaches)
- Open hour: no opening time
- Admission free: free
- Best visit time: 4pm-6m
Traveling around Danang city to admire many outstanding beaches in Da Nang and try the best Danang cuisines at night is a wonderful experience. You can take these Danang by night tours to enjoy the sparkling Danang at night!
3. Marble Mountain
Marble Mountain or Non Nuoc is a well-known attraction among local and foreign tourists. It is considered as a “spiritual” land of Quang Nam – Da Nang. The Marble Mountain includes 5 spectacular mountains which are named after 5 elements of the universe: Metal, Wood, Water, Fire and Earth. They look like bonsais emerging between a vast hillock. Every mountain has its particular beauty in shape, position, material with many caves and temples inside. Water Mountain is the largest and also the most beautiful one. The fanciful and dreamlike space, sacred temples, monumental caves, green trees, white sea wavesand the temple bell all contribute to the fairy picture of wonderful land. Marble Mountain – Da Nang is truly a heaven of all tourists.
Marble Mountain is home to many caves and temples in Danang. Visiting this place, visitors can not miss these sarced pagodas: Tam Thai, Tam Ton, Linh Ung and beautiful caves: Huyen Khong, Linh Nham, Van Thong, Lang Hu, Van Nguyet or other places of “afterlife” such as Anh Linh, Phan Quy palace, Ming Wang palace, A Ty Hell, Giai Oan stream. In addition, Village Non Nuoc at the foot of Marble Mountain is famous for stone carving.
The unique thing here that nowhere can offer is that after hours climbing up and down hundreds of steps to visit caves and temples inside the mountain, visitors just need to head a few hundred meters to Non Nuoc Beach for an easy walk to enjoy white sand, blue water and soft waves in Non Nước.
- Location: Hoa Hai ward, Ngu Hanh Son district, Danang city
- Open hour: 07:00 AM – 05:00 PM
- Admission free: 1.5 USD
- Best visit time: 8:00am – 11:00am
4. Museum of Cham Sculpture
Museum of Cham Sculpture is the largest exhibition museum in Viet nam. This museum was built by the French in Gothic style with total area of 6,700 sqm and 2,000 sqm of display area. The museum specializes in collection, storage and presents of sculptural relics of Cham Kingdom with a total of 500 samples.
The ancient specimens are exhibited in this tourist destination include decorative plaques, shrine, statue in sandstone and terracotta materials which are collected from the Cham towers in the Central of Viet Nam. Guests who visit Museum of Cham Sculpture get an opportunity for viewing many valuable antiques as Ganesa and Apsara goddess statues.
- Location: 2 Tháng 9 BìnhHiên, HảiChâuĐàNẵng, Vietnam
- Open hour: 07:00 AM – 05:30 PM
- Admission free:1.8 USD – 2.0 USD
- Best visit time: 8:30am – 10:00am
5. Hit the Streets: A Crawl of Da Nang’s Amazing Street Food
Da Nang, perhaps best known by travelers for its beach resorts, is Vietnam’s fifth largest city, and its feet stand in two worlds. Look up and your eyes fill with views of glistening skyscrapers, their sides adorned with garish neon. But the streets are full of flimsy aluminum tables and cheap plastic chairs, seating for the family-owned shops and restaurants that line the sidewalks
1- My Quang: If you really want trully traditional Danang Dishes, the you should try this yellow or white noodles. It is mixed with shrimp, pork and vegetables, and topped with grilled rice paper and spices. What makes Quang noodle soups unique is the richness of the broth, the lack of it and the crushed peanut toppings on the noodles.
2- Tamarind Crab:
Address: Thanh Hiền (My Khe beach – next to Tourane Hotel)
Must-try: Crab in tamarind sauce, grilled clams, steamed clams
Hoa Tư 17 Huỳnh Thúc Kháng
6. Son Tra Peninsula
The beautiful rainforest that juts out into the sea from the city of Da Nang is called the Son Tra Peninsula. At a size of over 4000 hectares, this place is massive!
Rent a scooter or motorcycle to ride along the newly-built road to the end and check out the nature reserve, and stop off to visit one of the most important religious sights in the area, Quan Am.
Keep an eye out for the red shanked duoc langars that live on the Son Tra Peninsula. They are quite beautiful if you catch a glimpse of one!
Son Tra is a perfect getaway from the city and perfect for those wondering what to do in Da Nang.
There are plenty of untouched beaches along the peninsula and some excellent viewpoints, making this one of the most pristine beautiful places in Da Nang.
- Location: Son Tra Peninsula, Danang
- Open hour: No opening time
- Admission free: free
- Best visit time: 2pm-5.30 pm
7. Hai Van Pass
Made famous in an episode of the TV show, Top Gear, the Hai Van Pass has now become a bucket list item for thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts (and amateurs) and adventurers looking for alternative things to do in Da Nang.
This 21km mountain pass between Da Nang and Hue offers some of the most incredible ocean views in all of Vietnam.
A new highway tunnel that has been built to bypass the road ensures that traffic numbers now are low, although the ride can still be quite technical; especially if you are inexperienced or the weather turns bad.
Rent a scooter from town and leave early in the morning if you plan on being back in Da Nang the same day.
There are also a number of tour companies that can help you ride the Hai Van Pass if you aren’t a confident motorbike rider.
8. Non Nuoc Beach
When people think of Vietnam, surfing is not something that immediately springs to mind. But still, it is possible to go surfing in Vietnam!
There is a growing surf community here who take advantage of the consistent and fun beach breaks along My Khe Beach, commonly known as China Beach.
If surfing isn’t your scene you can always go for a swim or simply relax on the spotlessly clean sand.
No missing out on some chill out time when you’re at the beach! Seriously – spending time at the beach is one of the best things to do in Da Nang!
9. Ba Na Hills
Ba Na Hill is an eco resort combining relaxing and entertaining area with modern equipment. It luckily has an ideal climate all year round and is a perfect tourist destination with four separate seasons in a day. Particularly, morning – spring, noon – summer, afternoon – autumn and evening – winter.
Go there, you not only discover amazing scene of mountains but also experience the longest and highest cable car in the world. From above, visitors can cover a vast space of superb beahes, the whole Danang city, green rice fields to the endless horizon
The entertaining area is designed for all ages, combined with lots of gardens such as love gardens, a vineyard, a fairy garden, an indoor amusement park named Fantasy Park. Especially, there is a village of villas which was buit in French architecture. This village is always a not-to-be missed stop for photo lovers.
- Location:HoaVang District, 40 km to the southwest of Danang
- Open hour: 07:30 AM – 09:30 PM
- Admission free: 15.5 USD – 24.0 USD
- Best visit time: 10am – 5pm
10. Danang Cathedral or Chicken Church
Danang Cathedral or Chicken Church is one of the most well-known churches in the city. This 70m high building is the only church built in Da Nang during French colonial times.
The church has Gothique architectural style with soaring lines and the diamond shaped dome. Inside the church, there are statues and paintings of Christ and biblical illustrations decorated in the form of Christian Western art.
- Location: 156 Tran Phu, Da Nang
- Open hour: 7am-7pm
- Admission free: free
- Best visit time: 9am- 10am
11. Asia Park – Sun Wheel
The amusement area is designed with different types of active vibrant recreational activities, including adventure games. Some widely liked games are readily available in Asia Park like rollercoaster, elevated trains, freefall tower, high-speed slides.
Currently, a new game has been completed and officially operated is Sun Wheel. This huge roundabout is 115 meters high (equivalent to a 25- floor building) and is among the top 10 highest turnover in the world, become the new icon of Da Nang with the name “Danang Vision “.
In addition, from top of Sun wheel cabin, visitors can have an overal view of brilliant panorama Danang at night as well as admire a great Buddha statue.
Sun Group has proposed putting the multifunctional performance area in Asia Park to organize several events such as theater performances, opera, musical events, sports, movies, animal circus and dolphin performance. Additionally, a variety of water performance will also be held in Asia Park.
- Location: Asia Park, Hoa Cuong Nam ward, Da Nang city, Viet Nam.
- Open hour: 07:00 AM – 11:30 PM
- Admission free: free
- Best visit time: 7 p.m-9p.m.
12. Con Market – Han Market
Situated right in the center, Con Market and Han Market have attracted more and more tourists. The markets are very diverse with various kinds of goods such as shoes, clothing, fabrics, handbags, souvenirs and gifts. The prices are relatively cheap because they are all wholesale markets.
Especially, Con Market is considered as a culinary paradise of Da nang with a long food court. Many specialties are served at the food court such as Quang Noodle, Gumbo, Grilled beef noodle,Vietnamese pancakes and sweet soup. Han Market is famous for its fresh seafood, fruits and specialties of Da nang like dried fish and other dried foods that visitors often buy as gift.
- Con market: 270 Ong Ich Khiem street, Hai Chau, Da Nang, Viet Nam
- Han Market:TranPhu, Hai chau, Da nang
- Open hour: 06:00 AM – 05:30 PM
- Admission free: free
- Best visit time: 8am-9:30am